Dreadtrux are quadrupedal Dinotrux that tower over every other creature they come across. They have a long neck like Craneosaurs, saw parts like Sawmetradons and are rock-eaters like Stegarbasaurs and Cementasaurs. They have multiple tread-wheeled feet they use to support themselves and for locomotion. But these wheels are their one weakness, as anything from unstable surfaces to strong metal chains getting caught between them are capable of knocking a Dreadtrux over.
They are rumored to hibernate for a hundred years and once awakened, they destroy everything in their path and feed for months before returning to sleep again, though female Dreadtrux will search for their eggs if they cannot find them. They also lack the ability to speak the common language that most other Trux and Tools speak.
- As of season 5, Dreadtrux are understandably the biggest species seen in the series so far.
- The legend of the Monster Trux might have originated from the Dreadtrux.
- Judging by the faint glow emitting from their necks, Dreadtrux might naturally possess several Sparkbug superchargers to power their massive bodies.
- The Dreadtrux is based on the massive sauropod Dreadnoughtus, the biggest dinosaur and land-based animal ever discovered.
- The first time the main group met a Dreadtrux they thought it was a male looking for ore but turned out to be a female and was looking for its egg.
- Dreadtrux eat helium ore.